You want to hold a Christmas party with your kids and you want to make it memorable.
You want to teach some English and at the same time culture.
All in the spirit of Christmas.
If there is one thing I am absolutely confident about, it is our Christmas event.
Honestly, this is something I believe hard -if at all- to find throughout the country.
I think it takes not only a plan to create this, and I am just grateful that I have the wonderful students, parents, place and surrounding for this.
I cannot share these with you, but what I can share are a few ideas.
Today, as my ADVENT SPECIAL, my 5 top songs for ESL Christmas:
1. Hallelujah, a song from Taizé, which I learned in 5th grade from a wonderful teacher I absolutely adored. I created my own song lines for my students, and since 12 years we have been singing it every year.
2. Feliz Navidad, everyone knows it, I think. Get out your guitar, and just go for it. Parents and kids will love it. I carry my guitar around in December and if I get into a new group, I always teach it on the spot, and within 10 minute it is completed.
3. He's got the whole world. This is a really great song for any age, you can sing it slow or fast, pop or classic; it teaches opposites and the great thing is it works great without instruments.
4. Mary's boy child from Boney M.~just great. You can create a lesson plan around this song. We have done paper cuts and presented the song with an OHP. Many projects you could do with this song.
5. You raise me up, this song is especially great for a 'last year graduating class'
If you do use these songs, add a message in the comments of what you did with them and how it went.
What other songs do you use at Christmas?
5 月 2021